Skip to content
- What was the impact of the redistributive and consumption roles played by large urban centres on the distribution of goods?
- How did social network structures scale with urban population size and could this present a new paradigm for Roman market integration?
- Aim: Study the impact of population distributions and population change on trade, production and consumption.
- Method: conceptualization of theories of urban influence on production/trade/consumption, conceptualization of scaling urban social network structures with population size, study of population change in Roman urban settlements, simulation of urbanism theories.
- A collaboration between Dr. Tom Brughmans and Dr. Jack Hanson at the Department of Anthropology, University of Colorado Boulder.